OnePlan – Strategic Portfolio Management in Jira
Extend Jira into a
Strategic Portfolio Management Solution
OnePlan offers a strategic portfolio, financial, resource and work management solution that fits the needs of every organization.
Jumpstart your Journey towards a Strategic Portfolio Management Solution
Integrating Jira and Azure DevOps into a Comprehensive Product Portfolio Management Solution
Key Benefits of Extending Jira into a Strategic Portfolio Management Solution with OnePlan
When organizations integrate OnePlan with Jira, they unlock a range of significant benefits that enhance their project management capabilities and transform Jira into a comprehensive Strategic Portfolio Management solution. This section explores three key benefits that arise from leveraging OnePlan alongside Jira. These benefits include amplified portfolio visibility, optimized resource management, and seamless strategic alignment. By harnessing these advantages, organizations can gain real-time insights, streamline resource allocation, and ensure their projects are aligned with their strategic objectives.
Enhanced Portfolio Visibility
Gain a comprehensive view of all projects, resources, and financials across your organization. OnePlan provides real-time dashboards and reports, allowing stakeholders to monitor progress and make informed decisions.
Align epics and initiatives with strategic objectives. OnePlan facilitates the creation and management of portfolios, enabling organizations to prioritize investments, allocate resources, and ensure alignment with business goals.
Improved Resource Management
Optimize resource allocation and ensure the right resources are assigned to the right projects. OnePlan’s resource management features enable effective planning, capacity management, and collaboration.
Strategic Planning (OKRs) in Jira
OKRs have many levels in the enterprise. While all objectives will connect back to enterprise goals, each business unit may have a unique version, based on its customer focus. The same goes for departments within each business unit. Additionally, large organizations are typically a matrix, with additional strategies for teams such as value streams, functional groups and geographical teams which span multiple business units. OnePlan allows you to manage different levels and versions of OKRs. Whether you need a view by business unit, value stream, program or product area, OnePlan supports the many hierarchies and matrices in an enterprise.
Agile Project Portfolio Management in Jira
Keep your Agile teams aligned to strategy by connecting epics, features and to business objectives. Prioritize portfolio against objectives and key results. Identify the initiatives that bring the most value. Make decisions instantly by analyzing the impact of new ideas against the current portfolio.
- Powerful reporting – Data-driven decisioning to approve, manage and status the right work.
- Ideation – Track all requests centrally and keep a backlog of ideas to foster innovation and competitive advantage
- Scoring and ranking – Prioritize the initiatives that brings the most value to the business
- Streamline work – Manage the flow of value to move work through process step
Project Financial Planning in Jira
OnePlan’s Financial Plan provides top-down financial management for all your strategic projects.
- Budget and Cost Tracking – Track budget, forecast, actuals, benefits as well as defining your own custom cost types. Track costs by capital, expense, internal, external, and much more.
- Strategic, capital, and investment planning
- Bridge the gap between project management systems and financial planning processes by supporting the complete project financial management lifecycle.
- Financial source of truth integrations – Financial data lives everywhere. One Plan can bring in all your financial data from common financial systems including Oracle, WorkDay, QuickBooks, Dynamics 365 and more.
Resource Planning in Jira
Manage Resources Workload and Availability across All Work – Resource Management and capacity planning to define achievable, role-based plans and balance capacity and demand
Teams and Role-Based Planning – Proactively identify bottlenecks by role, location and other key factors to uncover issues
Resource Negotiations and Alerts – Get timely warnings to the right people with integrated notifications of new and out-of-tolerance assignments.
Hybrid Project Management in Jira
You’ve got a mix of both agile and waterfall methodologies? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Often the Project Management Office (PMO) is using OnePlan to help them manage organizational initiatives and investments in their project portfolio. Yet, the teams tasked with executing against these high-level business themes manage their work in Agile planning tools including Jira.
Visualize Portfolio Dependencies in Jira
OnePlan’s Visualizer helps decision-makers understand the dependencies between different investments. Through it, analysts can link strategic initiatives to a future state business context, using node visualizations that allow mapping across business capabilities and enterprise architecture models.
Time Tracking in Jira
- Time tracking simplified – When things are simple, you can get more done. Increase productivity and capture time on all your projects.
- Flexible time categories – Create and manage multiple time categories that align with your organization’s work structures.
- Streamlined timesheet flows – Managers can approve, reject and email timesheet updates for improved timesheet collaboration. Add notes and keep a history of timesheet updates.
- Centralized timesheets across all work – OnePlan can bring in all timesheets across all work into one central location for simplified timesheet management and collaboration.
Insights and AI in Jira
- Optimize Team Productivity – Align your teams on the most important data and the actions required of them. Insights on each team member’s Home Page clarify important processes that are due, as well as any issues with data completeness and quality.
- Performance Measurement – Plan owners receive a real time metric of their compliance to the target standards of process and data management. Additional alerts provide specific actions needed to improve.
- Adoption & Leadership – To drive the right behaviors from your teams, leader boards generate metrics of compliance to process and data quality standards.
Gain Insights Through Reporting and BI in Jira
Making decisions is nearly impossible without a complete view into all the work that is currently in play. In today’s world, leaders must be able to shift quickly and with confidence to stay ahead of the competition. OnePlan provides real-time visibility into every aspect of work so you can make proactive decisions that will protect your investments and help you deliver on time, on budget and within the quality standards your customer’s deserve. Create quick and easy to use reports and dashboards to gain insights into the data that means the most to you.
Because Some Things Are Just Better Together
Empower everyone to innovate with one integrated Project Portfolio Management (PPM) platform
Foster greater collaboration and avoid tool proliferation with a PPM solution that includes integrated solutions for simple task management, scheduling, communications, and more
Get a fused solution you need with native Office 365, Power Apps, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Azure DevOps capabilities
Each week, the team at OnePlan engages in comprehensive discussions with hundreds of clients, spanning various industries and operational challenges, to explore how Project Portfolio Management (PPM) can deliver transformative benefits. These discussions encompass an...
San Diego, CA, July 12th, 2023 – We are thrilled to announce that OnePlan Solutions, the cutting-edge company specializing in Strategic Portfolio and Work Management software, has received a strategic investment from Aldrich Capital Partners, a renowned growth equity...
OnePlan Recognized for the Fifth Year Running in Microsoft’s Global Partner of the Year Awards for Project and Portfolio Management
We are thrilled to continue to be recognized for Microsoft's Partner of the Year for Project & Portfolio Management (PPM). In 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and now 2023, OnePlan was awarded the Microsoft Global Partner of the Year for Project and Portfolio Management...